I have announced your tasks and evaluated the course on our Facebook page recently; so I haven’t updated this blog page for the past few weeks.
As you know, we talked about the digital storytelling this week and its use for teaching English as a foreign language. Thus, you are expected to prepare two short digital stories until next week. The first one will be prepared using Windows Live Movie Maker and the other one will be prepared on Story Jumper page. You can follow the following steps while completing the tasks of the week.
- First of all, please check whether Windows Live Movie Maker (WLMM) is installed on your computer or not. Click on Start Button and write “movie” in the search box. If it is available, you will see it on the top of the list. If it is not installed, please click here and download the software from this page.
- Then, you will prepare a digital story using WLMM. I showed some simple steps how you could add music, video, photos and text to your videos. If you cannot remember, you should explore the software.
- After you have completed the short story on WLMM, you will upload it to our blog page designed for digital stories (http://digitalstories4elt.blogspot.com). If you have written your name and e-mail address to our wiki page (http://elt430.pbworks.com), then you must have received an invitation e-mail message for our blog page (Do not forget to check your spam box if you haven’t seen the invitation). Accept that invitation and then go to page http://www.blogger.com. You can log in with your Gmail account on this page. It is similar to your WordPress blog page but a bit different. When you click on “New Post” or “Yeni Kayıt” button, you can add your videos here. Upto now, this is your first task and now you are ready to prepare the second task.
- After you have completed the first task, it is time for Story Jumper. Please go to page http://www.storyjumper.com. Firstly, you should sign up for the website. It is quite easy for you to be a member of this website.
- Now, I introduced the website in the classroom; however, if you could not attend the class or if you cannot remember how to create a new story, please watch the video on this link. There are also some other videos if you searched the videos using “storyjumper” keyword on Youtube.
- There are some short stories on the page. It would be better for you to see them before preparing your own story.
- After you complete the story on Story Jumper, you will share it using your e-mail address. If you could manage this, you must have received a link for the story book.
- I have posted a message about your Story Jumper task on our Facebook page, please share the link as a comment to that post.
- Finally, only one task remains. Do you guess what? Your reflection papers, of course. As far as I remember, I do not need to remind you of writing your reflection papers; but this week you have plenty of tasks and I thought it would better to remind of your weekly task.
- That’s all. Good luck with your short stories!
I will be online on my mobile phone this weekend; so if you have any questions or problems, please send me an e-mail message or share your problems on our Facebook page. I will try to do my best to help you online.
Dr. Sedat Akayoğlu