Dear visitors and students,
I created this blog page in order to collect your blog pages in one page and to make announcements for the tasks and the course content. It will also provide us with a platform for communication. This blog page will be used for both sections (day & evening groups) and I will present some of your tasks as the example.
This course introduces pre-service teachers of English to Computer-Assisted Language Learning (CALL) tools. In addition to giving an overview of the uses of CALL tools in teaching/learning, the course will cover a review of interactive instructional technologies in language teaching/learning, the Internet in English language teaching, and evaluation of English language teaching software and use of Web 2.0 tools in the language classroom. Implications of CALL in language classrooms will also be discussed. Students will be provided with hands-on experience, and they will also develop their own multimedia CALL materials (e.g. podcasts, wikis, blogs, etc.). Students will also review and evaluate current research in CALL.
Students will be able to
- Review interactive instructional technologies in language teaching/learning.
- Learn terminology related to computer-assisted foreign language learning.
- Experiment with and evaluate current computer applications in foreign language learning.
- Learn how to design and integrate computers into foreign language courses.
- Review and evaluate selected current research in CALL.
- Develop their own multimedia CALL materials.
I hope we will have a nice semester together.
Your first task is to write a blog post about your first impressions about course. What are your expectations? Do you think it will help you to improve yourself? Be honest and don’t worry! You will not be graded about your opinions.